18 May 2008

Sub Alpine and Nightingale trapped, etc.



Yesterday (Saturday 17th), the Sub-Alpine Warbler was re-trapped - and a Nightingale was also trapped and ringed.

Other goodies yesterday were a Black-tailed Godwit and a GOLDEN ORIOLE.

Ian Wright has just left the island after a week helping with painting, decorating and modifications (a complete revamp) of the OFFICE and we have photos to prove which Ian brought off the island. Hopefully you will find them on this Blog or I will put them on the main Website.

I must ask Steve to ask Steve Porter (our resident farmer and Beekeeper) to tell us how the bees are doing just behind the Cristin Heligoland. Mine in the garden were doing fine (bringing in loadsw of nectar from oil seed rape - and then, four days ago, desided to swarm into a neighbours' apple tree. I collected them that evening and transported them to my apiary 3 miles away and put them in a new hive. I will let you know how they get on. Now I must get up to the allotment and do some digging, planting and weeding.

Bevan

No comments: