21 May 2008

Good News on Angharad plus a good bird

When Steve phoned today, I learned that Angharad is back working. It appeared that her ankle wasn't broken, only badly strained. Good news - but it goes to show how careful you have to be when walking on uneven ground (as I found out when I tripped over in Cristin yard and joined the YHC). A GOOD PAIR OF BOOTS IS ESSENTIAL. I have just uploaded some photos of Angharad being prepared for her helicopter flight taken by Ian Wright (himself an ex RAF Air Sea Rescue Crewman). You will find them on http://www.bbfo.org.uk/yhc.htm

And the good bird news is that yesterday (Tuesday, 20 May), they trapped and ringed a MARSH WARBLER. I, of course, questioned their ID (what a nerve!), as Marsh and Reed Warblers are not easy to separate. Steve then read out to me the biometrics and formulas by which they were able to confirm the ID. That shut me up!

Jim and Bev were busy working hard and I will be reporting the results of their efforts when I visit in the near future.

JUST A REMINDER TO ANYONE GOING OVER TO STAY IN THE OBSERVATORY IN THE NEAR FUTURE - ALWAYS CHECK FOR THE CURRENT POSITION ON FOOD IN THE SHOP BY PHONING THE WARDEN ON: 07855 264151 A FEW DAYS BEFORE TRAVELLING. AT THE MOMENT WE HAVE NO MILK SO BRING UHT MILK BUT NOT A COW!

Bardsey Crier

No comments: