6 May 2009

News from the island will be more uptodate shortly - thanks to Steve and his team

Steve has set up a BLOG so he can directly put uptodate records (and sometimes photos) on the web. There is a link on the home page to his Blog (Island Wildlife News). He is still having a few problems with uploading of information but within a couple of weeks this should be ironed out and he and his staff will hopefully be keeping you "and the world" uptodate on the birds that breed and visit our island.

My Town Criers BLOG will therefore not be containing bird news shortly, but will continue with an "off the island" view of Bardsey and stories of the people and other happenings on the island which sometimes make for more interesting reading than even the birds, dare I say!

If Steve, Dave and Dave don't keep us informed, then you will see sparks flying from my BLOG and igniting his. So look out Steve - it could be war. (Note: Steve and I were both born in Rotherham, Yorkshire - although a few years separate us - and I don't think it is likely that two Yorkshiremen will get to blows - well, not physical anyway - cos I think he would win).

Ay up Steve, I don't see any Pom Skuas on your Blog yet - but with 10 off Criccieth today I would have thought some must have passed Bardsey.

Yorkshire Bev

No comments: