30 April 2009

BARDSEY HAS ARRIVED IN THE 21st CENTURY

The first of no doubt many thousands of emails has just arrived from Bardsey - thanks to a young man who has just installed Satellite Broadband at Cristin.

As I write this, Steve, or his Assistant Richard, is probably sitting in the Library at Cristin surfing the web when he should be in the sitting room next door conducting the log for the last day of the week before our visitors leave the island.

This is certainly a day to remember as it now means communication to the island has improved a hundredfold and information from and to the island will improve, hopefully making life just that much more easy. "That's a joke, I have to say. Life will now become much busier and there will have to be "Internet Log-on times, both on the island and here in my home, otherwise I will never manage to do the washing up, or shopping, or look after the allotment or my bees, or even do any birding".

Anyway, it does mean we will get the news regularly now and photos of birds perhaps on the day they are seen.

My regards to all the visitors and I hope you all get off tomorrow.

The Bardsey Crier

No comments: